Do you Need to Remodel Before Listing?
July 1, 2021 White Pine Real Estate Home Tips, Moving, Real Estate Market
I’ve heard a few people say they need to “fix up” a few things around their house before listing.
If this includes big ticket items like the roof or the foundation, then yes, it would be something to invest in for a better return. However, if you’re thinking of updating a bathroom or kitchen, just leave it!
More buyers today rather have the option to update a main room themselves. Walking into a house only to see that one room with a totally different floor than the rest of the house or a brand new kitchen that has a specific style can be a let down for some.
- Keep the house functional, clean and neutral. Fresh paint is great, but keep it a light grey or beige so it won’t need to be redone again, at least right away. Wash your screens and windows and hang up simple curtains for a quick update while letting in the most natural light.
- Trim bushes and trees, clean up weeds or plant new flowers, lay down fresh mulch or stone, paint or wash your siding and treat a spotty lawn.
- In this market, a good cleaning makes all the difference because buyers are very eager for the opportunity to make your house, home.
- Rent or Buy in 2023? January 23, 2023
- Just Sold- Beulah Lake, $710K December 15, 2022
- Luxury Living on Upper Nashotah Lake November 6, 2022
- SOLD- Greendale ranch for $20K over asking! October 17, 2022
- Fall is Coming, Protect Your Plants! September 28, 2022